Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Agreements to be mailed

We will be getting all of the "legal" documents ready and mailed tomorrow. There are about 8 documents that need to be signed in front of a notary. One of the documents we need to sign is the agreement b/t AGCI and ourselves. There are about 3 spots that need to be signed and notarized just in that one "booklet." Really? 3 on one "booklet?" Wow! All of these important papers as well as a nice big check will be sent in tomorrow. We have to sign 2 of everything. They will sign a copy and send us copies of everything back. Fun stuff! Glad we only have to pay the postage one way. :) Then they will send us our dossier packet. This is the information we need to gather for the actual country. As far as I know, this will include things like birth certificates/marriage license/etc...HOPEFULLY all of the super time consuming stuff (like the 20 pages of questions we filled out) is over. I'm updating you on this BEFORE we mail this big/thick/heavy envelope b/c I have more time tonight to write on here. I looked back at the journal I have been writing about our adventure. It is so hard to believe we have only been in the actual process for about a month and a half. Seems like so much longer when there is so much to do and so many things for my brain to keep track of.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to be getting the dossier stuff! I just divided it all into logical chunks and took one chunk at a time. You'll do great! Enjoy the process and most of all keep enjoying your kids! I would intentionally have to stop the paperwork and play a game with my boys:-)
    Blessings,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Followers