Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Calling all faithful blog followers....prayer request

Wow! I don't even know where to begin. I have held off posting anything and hoping my feelings would pass. It isn't happening so it is time to call on my faithful blog prayer warriors. I knew that I have been too calm for too long about everything. My personality was bound to win. :) I'm SO overwhelmed with everything going on right now. We are in the middle of adding on a bedroom due to the newest addition that will be joining our family. We have a friend that used to be a carpenter. Jason just wanted some verbal help from him to make sure that Jason was on the right page, etc...Turns out that Jason didn't really know how much work this was really going to be. Thankfully, Mark has been here and helping out lots. What an overwhelming feeling in itself. We are so happy that Mark is willing to help us out. It is even more humbling of an experience b/c he isn't expecting any payment. That saves us quite a bit. To think that someone is willing to give up so much of their time and talents for us. It is yet another way that God is showing us that He will provide. They have 2 sheets of plywood to put on the roof, then they can put the tar paper down and then shingles. After that, Jason will be on his own. I feel bad b/c I'm not able to help more. I'll be able to help more when we get to the sheet rocking, painting, etc....For now though, I feel so helpless. If we get the roof finished, the electrician can come yet this week b/4 he leaves town to start a big job. So--needless to say we really want to be able to get the roof finished SOON so we can continue.

School will be starting soon and that is creating some extra anxiety too. Jason is head volleyball coach and his time for working on the house will be limited. I'm currently working 2 nights a week at a 2nd job. I had hoped to go down to one night a week while volleyball season was going on. It isn't going to happen. The extra money is nice, but I'm not sure the stress will be worth it. I am going to work the next 2 day shifts as well as my already scheduled night shifts b/c she is in a bind. Yet she isn't willing to take one shift away from me. I know it puts her in a bind for only being able to work one night a week, but I'd think it would be better than finding someone for 2 nights a week that she would need if I quit. Micala will be in junior high this year so she will have practice for sports until supper time. This means, I'll have to find a babysitter for Lexi 2 nights a week. Plus try to get 2 kids' homework done and ready for bed, etc...after I get home at 8pm. I just don't know what to do. I said I'd try it to see how it went.

We will be leaving for the weekend. We decided to make some time for our families before we start school. We have to be in Sioux Falls on Monday for fingerprints and shots anyway. Tuesday, Lexi has surgery to remove a cyst on her cheek. It is minor and they don't think it should be cancerous. However, we have never had a child of ours have any sort of surgery so that will be a bit trying for us.

I usually don't go so in-depth with my postings, but I felt if you had a better idea of what was actually happening here you could pray more specifically. I'm impressed that we have held up this well so far. We know this is all in God's time. We know it will all work out. We just are a bit overwhelmed right now. We are excited to be on the wait list. Yet it is disappointing to know we have 9-12 months yet to wait in order to be matched up with our precious little one. Then we still have court and our 2 trips, etc...So it will be a long time until we are home as a family of 5. It seems so far away which is making this harder. I thank you for your prayers and support. We couldn't do this without you.

2 comments:

  1. Jason and Angie, I am praying for you, the stress will pass but it is overwhelming now. You have alot of family and friends, also alot of blessings. Hang in there. Your child will be worth all of this. Love ya Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in- hope you are finding grace! We will be praying for you- we have done some home remodeling and can feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

Followers