Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Always something to do and something to think about

So we got our fingerprint appointment. I was thrilled to find out #1 it was so soon #2 that it was before we started school. I didn't look at Jason's letter right away. Silly me assumed that we'd be scheduled for the same time. I guess I should have learned by now that things in the adoption world don't always make sense. Jason's appointment is at 8 am and mine is at 2 pm. I could handle an hour or two apart, but 6 hours?! I tried to call the office and of course there isn't anyone there that deals with the scheduling. So, I wrote a letter requesting that we get our times closer. Who knows if it will work, but it is worth a try. I just hope and pray that they don't change our appointments to a different day. If we can't change the times, leave the day. We will see what we find out. I've been in contact back and forth with our agency making sure they get the proper revisions for our Dossier. One paper we need to fix. Both of our references have something to fix. Our case worker that did our Home Study has something to fix. What a mess! It could be much worse as the things that need to be fixed are very minor. The biggest problem is with my name. Some things are Angela and some things are Angie. I never gave ANY thought to it. They are confident that as long as our Home Study, our letter that we had to write to the Ethiopian government, and our 2 reference letters say Angela (Angie) on them that we will be okay.

Since we have our appointment for our fingerprints, I'm trying to get things lined up to get our travel shots. This has required lots of phone calls too. We want to only make one trip to SF and not two. It will work out. :) Just so many things to check on and people to check with.

Our case worker has sent her revisions in. Jason is gone so our letter can't be notarized and put in the mail until tomorrow. One reference letter was fixed and resubmitted only for them to find more wrong with it. :( It will all come together when it is supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers