Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A dose of reality

We have the honor to be babysitting our 11 month old God daughter. Her parents are out of town and the grandmas were busy. :) She came on Thursday night and will be here until Monday. What a dose of reality as to how our lives will be when our new one joins us. I've had many thoughts and feelings in the first few days of having an extra child in our house. The first night she got here about 8pm. She wasn't here too super long before it was bed time. I wasn't sure how to handle the situation. I didn't want to "abandon" her in new and scary surroundings yet I didn't want her to be spoiled rotten. It made me think ahead to how things could be when our new one comes here. It will be similiar, but on a more extreme level. I ended up sitting in the same room as her until she went to sleep. She attached to me quickly. It took a bit of time for her to attach to the girls and to Jason. It was nice to feel needed/wanted, but I also didn't want to have to sit and hold her the whole time she was here. This experience has been great for all of us as it gives us a sneak peak as to how things will be. It has SHOWN me things that we have read about. For the first time, I'm apprehensive about the coming home part. Maybe b/c we are a bit closer to it actually happening. Maybe the fact that it is really happening is hard for me to believe. Do I regret the choice we made to adopt? No way!!!! We know there are going to be many challenges along the way. We still are reassured that this is God's plan and that He will provide. With my personality being what it is, it is amazing I've made it this far without freaking out a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers